The Belgian Red Daemons Ready to Blaze a Trail at ECSC 2023
The countdown has begun as the Belgian Red Daemons eagerly prepare to set sail to Hamar, Norway, in a quest to champion Belgium's reputation at the esteemed eighth annual European Cyber Security Challenge (ECSC). Amongst the formidable ranks of teams from 29 other European nations, the Red Daemons gear up to confront three riveting days of navigating complex security challenges and accumulating valuable points through ingenious solutions. This marks the sixth time Belgium has stood proudly on the global stage of this prestigious international cybersecurity event.
Handpicked from the victorious teams of the national Cyber Security Challenge Belgium (CSCBE), held earlier in March 2023, the ten cyber talents that make up the Red Daemons stand for the promise of Belgium's cybersecurity future. The CSCBE, a beacon for aspiring Belgian students, has cultivated thousands of cyber minds over the past seven years, offering them the opportunity to test their skills, gain knowledge, and immerse themselves in the captivating world of cybersecurity. In the face of a growing demand for cybersecurity professionals in the corporate, organizational, and law enforcement sectors, events like ECSC and CSCBE play a pivotal role in inspiring the next generation to explore dynamic careers in the field of cybersecurity.
The Belgian Red Daemons' entry into this grand competition is made possible through the fruitful collaboration between the Centre for Cybersecurity Belgium (CCB) and NVISO. These esteemed partners not only shoulder the responsibility of organizing the Belgian participation in the ECSC but also provide essential sponsorship and diligently conduct preparatory training each year.
For a firsthand look into the Red Daemons' journey of preparation and their experiences throughout the challenges, we invite you to follow their adventure on the following social media platforms:
Facts and figures ECSC 2023
- Norway, Hamar, 24 to 27 October 2023
- 30 participating countries, https://ecsc.eu/#mapcontainer
- The 10 team members are the 4 winners and the 6 best-scoring participants of CSCBE 2023
- Teamleader and technical coach: Nik Du Bois (CCB)
- Coach: Jeroen Beckers (NVISO)
- Team advisor: Caroline Breure (CCB)
- ECSC 2023 Trailer: https://videos.enisa.europa.eu/w/pBAK1m2XRqKV8yZuEs74g7
- Aftermovie ECSC 2022, Vienna: https://youtu.be/W4BA4pchV30
- Red Daemons deelnemers 2021: https://youtu.be/5GsdRB7RPCE
- Aftermovie Cyber Security Challenge Belgium (CSCBE) 2023: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bld23a5Ld10
For media inquiries, interviews, or additional information, please contact:
Caroline Breure, team advisor Red Daemons (CCB), 0470 84 94 51